2021 will be a great year
2021 - summary and review.
Having been living abroad this year has seen many changes including getting a new job and more time of course spent on Poker (and many improvements) fortunately which meant 2020 was a good year for me, and saw me play (in my opinion) some of the strongest poker I have ever played in my life. I expect 2021 to be even more fantastic by building on this and using my rediscovered knowledge of good strategy play to help me ‘crush’ the micro stakes tables in the coming year and make a lot of money. This year overall was a break even year...which of course is much better than losing!!
But how can I benefit others as well?
I will continue to post on here with details on my game play and any tips I can offer from my results (good or bad). Take them or leave them, it is up to you! I’ll also carry on reading a wide variety of Poker books on my New Year’s reading list and leave some nice book reviews for each one. So ... there is a lot to do and look forward to...
My main goal?
My primary goal will be to play No Limit hold-’em consistently and to only play the cash games in order to build a bankroll. In November and early December (before taking a two week break) I really tried out this method and after a period of persistence and perseverance really began to see some good results. Without doubt, November was my best year in 2020 and I would like to repeat months in 2021 this year, even if the overall profit is small each time.
What best thing did I learn when it came to playing Poker?
Two or three things:
- An effective pre flop strategy for loose and tight games
- What exactly tight and loose games are
- How to calculate pot odds and why
- How to calculate pot equity and why
- Post flop strategies
- More aggressive play
Poker quiz question:
1. What is the most costly error you can make?
2. Who are the only players who routinely make this mistake?
3. Another error is almost as costly. It is so costly that you will see someone make it on nearly every hand of a small stakes game. What is it?
❤️ ♥️ ❤️ ♥️ ❤️ ♥️ ❤️ ♥️
1. Folding a hand that has a strong chance to win a big pot
2. Only those that believe that “making big lay downs” is the hallmark of expert play.
3. Failing to protect strong hands in large, multi-way pots.