Chris Ferguson’s biography
Christopher Philip Ferguson was born in Los Angeles on 11 April, 1963. At the age of 18, he entered one of the universities in California and studied there for 5 years. After that, he taught the higher mathematics as a graduate student for 13 years.
At the age of 35, Ferguson became a doctor of computer science, but he left scientific activity for the sake of poker. In 1995, Chris took part in his first ever WSOP tournament. In $500 event, he managed to take the 4th place and won $1 500.
Full Tilt Poker and Black Friday
In 2004, he founded Full Tilt Poker room and was a member of his team. Seven years later, “Black Friday” happened and the US Department of Justice closed an access to Full Tilt Poker website. All players’ accounts were frozen, and the poker room management started suing. Soon, PokerStars bought out Full Tilt Poker and returned all the money to the players.
This story negatively affected Ferguson’s reputation. The poker players still complain concerning it. There was a period in Ferguson’s life when he was persecuted. For example, the players showed the obscene gestures with their hands for Chris during the live series.
Chris Ferguson Challenge $0-$10 000
In 2006, Chris completed an ambitious marathon from $0 to $10 000. He created a new account at Full Tilt with a zero balance and began his “trip” named Chris Ferguson bankroll management challenge. After 18 months of regular play, he managed to achieve his goal and his balance reached the mark of $10 000. Chris donated all the money to the Save the Children Fund.
Contribution to poker development
Chris made a great contribution to poker evolution and its development. Besides the fact that Ferguson founded poker room, he also wrote several books on poker strategy: “The Full Tilt Poker Strategy Guide: Tournament Edition”, “Blue Book: More Lessons and Hand Analysis in No Limit Texas Hold'em” and others.
Ferguson’s top 5 big winnings
- 1st place in $10 000 World Championship and $1 500 000 of prize money.
- 1st place in WSOP Circuit champion event for $10 200 and $655 000 of prize money.
- 1st place in NBC National Heads-Up Championship and $500 000 of prize money.
- 3rd place in WSOP tournament for $1 500 and $388 000 of prize money.
- 1st place in WSOP Circuit Main Event and $362 000 of prize money.
Interesting facts about Chris Ferguson
- Despite his nickname "Jesus", Chris is an atheist. But some people even call him Jesus Ferguson.
- He is able to show card tricks.
- He likes to dance swing and he has his own dance club at the university.
- He always plays in a cowboy hat. According to Ferguson’s words, it helped him to win big pots in his student days.
- He is able to cut a banana by throwing a game card.
- He is in relationship with actress Faboloza (she has the Brazilian roots).
- Chris spent 18 years in college: 5 years as a student and 13 years as a teacher.
- Chris Ferguson net worth is approximately 80 million dollars.
Chris Ferguson on social networks
- Chris Ferguson on Twitter (@fergusonpoker)