Joey Ingram’s biography
Joey Ingram is one of the most influential persons in modern poker. He has gained a special popularity in the poker community thanks to his YouTube channel "joeingram1", where the player releases poker videos and shoots the most popular poker podcasts. Many poker fans are probably familiar with his Poker Life podcast. As for Joey Ingram's net worth, you can find different figures from 3 to 5 million dollars.
Now, Ingram rarely plays poker. He focused his activities on creating poker content and promoting the game as a whole. However, he started his acquaintance with poker as a player, and he was good at it.
Ingram's ascent to the pinnacle of fame began in 2008. Joey decided to engage seriously in poker after he won $1 000 at PokerStars by making a $50 deposit. The game took possession of Ingram from the very beginning. Given his perseverance and love for all kinds of challenges and betting, he successfully developed in poker.
In November 2008, Joe Ingram played 604 000 hands in No Limit Hold'em within one month, which became a world record at that time. However, this was just the beginning for Joey. During his career, he set several records in online poker.
The streamer managed to play 50 000 hands per day in No Limited Hold'em and 33 000 hands in PLO. Ingram also played 450 000 hands in Pot-Limit Omaha within one month. In addition, the blogger earned Supernova Elite status at PokerStars in just a month.
By the time of Black Friday in the USA, Joey was one of the strongest PLO players in the world. The prohibition of online poker in the country forced Ingram to temporarily move from the United States to Vancouver. In 2013, he returned to the States and began to play at the middle and high stakes in PLO. Over the next five years, he created a large amount of content that was dedicated to his favorite Pot-Limit Omaha.
In 2014, Joey began to release Poker Life podcast, which became an indispensable thing for every poker player. The streamer’s program won the “Best Podcast of the Year” nomination at the American Poker Awards. After that, Ingram became the most popular podcaster in the industry.
Since the launch of Poker Life, a lot of eminent poker players, high rollers and even real legends became the guests of the show. The participants of program discuss the news and share their comments. In addition, you can find analysis of the most interesting hands in online and offline poker in the video of Ingram.
Joey doesn’t ignore any interesting events happened in the poker world. He uses social networks and YouTube for coverage of events. The blogger’s posts on Twitter are of great interest to the poker community, and you can often find the comments from the famous poker players.
Ingram no longer considers himself one of the regulars in poker, and he plans to focus on the creation of content for social networks and YouTube in the foreseeable future.
“I love the game, I like the poker world, and it is what I know best. I love being able to put out high-quality content about the game I’ve dedicated my life to playing.” – Ingram emphasized in his book “Chasing The Poker Dream: The Qualities of a Successful Poker Player”
Interesting facts about Joey Ingram:
- Joey was born on July 24, 1982, in the state of Illinois.
- The channel “joeingram1” on YouTube was launched in 2007. Over 13 years, it collected more than 13 000 subscribers, hundreds of poker videos and millions of views. Ingram records videos with poker investigations, hand analysis, news and events. His podcasts with famous poker players and fans are particularly popular.
- Joey Ingram's YouTube channel is dedicated to poker. Sometimes poker player releases the videos about MMA fights. The player’s most popular video on his channel is an investigation into the scandal after the fight of Conor McGregor with Khabib. The video collected more than 21 million views per year. For comparison, the second most popular video (dedicated to Tom Dwan) collected 2.4 million views in two years.
- In the poker community, Joey is known as the fighter with bots in the poker rooms. He actively monitors poker forums and discussions about bots on the Internet, by advocating for fair play both online and offline.
- In 2008, Ingram set a record for the number of hands played per month in No Limited Hold'em, by playing 604 000 hands. In 2009, he set a record for the number of hands played per day. Joey did it after making a corresponding bet. He played 50 000 hands in 24 hours at the NL25 tables ($0.10/ 0.25). In addition to this, according to the terms of bet, he needed to play profitably. Ingram did it and won another $30 000 according to the results of bet. This is not the only bet of player. Joey also won the bet by playing 450 000 hands in PLO per month.
- The player likes not only poker bets, but also challenges. In 2017, Ingram made a bet with Bill Perkins. According to this bet, Joey needed to swim one mile, but he wasn’t able to swim at that time. Ingram made $5 000 bet on it against Perkins’ $15 000. The poker player was given 2 months for training, but the challenge had to be postponed due to the hurricane. Over time, they seemed to forget about it. At that moment, when Ingram was supposed to fulfill the conditions of the bet, he wrote on his twitter that he finally learned to swim, and it became the victory for him.
- In 2017, Joey made a bet and wrote the book “Chasing The Poker Dream: The Qualities of a Successful Poker Player” within 11 days. Although, according to the terms of challenge, he was given 2 weeks for this. The book consists of 40 000 words and 250 pages. You can still buy it on Amazon for $10. By the way, Ingram never tried himself as a writer. The previous experience of marathons helped him to complete the challenge.