Justin Bonomo’s biography
Justin Bonomo is a famous regular in live tournaments and online events. He started playing poker at the age of 16 and by 21 he managed to win hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The guy was one of the first players who received recognition in online, having made a quick progress in Sit&Go on PartyPoker and having won PokerStars Sunday Million. Justin has become more popular thanks to zeejustin.com website, where he wrote a blog, discussed strategies and published reports on travels. But everything changed in February 2006, when Bonomo was blocked on PartyPoker for having several accounts, and then he lost his account on PokerStars for the same reason.
After being blamed for using multiple accounts, Justin had to take a break in his career. Over time, after public apologies, he did manage to restore his reputation. Now he continues to please poker community with good results.
As for offline, in February 2005 "ZeeJustin" played at his debut television final table in NLH-tournament EPT Deauville for 2 000€ and took the 4th place, which brought him 40 815$ or 31 500€.
For the first time Justin played at the WSOP in 2007. That day he took the fourth place in NLH-event for 2 000$ and won 156 040$. In May 2009, he also excelled with his success at the WSOP, having earned 413 165$ for the 5th place at the 40th Anniversary event, and in 2014 Bonomo won his first bracelet in No Limit Hold'em-Six Handed tournament for 1 500$. This victory brought him 449 980$. At the WSOP 2018, Justin added two more bracelets (10 000$ Heads-Up No-Limit Hold'em Championship and The Big One for One Drop) to his record, and he had also become a Super High Roller Bowl champion in a couple of days before the series started.
Overall 2018 is a phenomenal year for Justin Bonomo. From the beginning of the year until the WSOP final, the guy hit the prize zone for 24 times and won 10 of those events. This brought the poker player almost 25 million dollars and allowed to overtake Negreanu in the ranking of the most profitable tournament players in the world. Bryn Kenney removed the player from the podium, when he became the runner-up of the most expensive tournament in the history of poker Triton Millions and won 20,5 million dollars in it.
Now Bonomo is a regular guest of the popular poker series. He can be seen both in relatively inexpensive events, and in high roller tournaments. Justin has several seven-figure winnings in his record.
Interesting facts about Justin Bonomo:
- Justin started to play "Magic: The Gathering" at the age of 9 and by the age of 12 he participated in Magic-tournaments, a prize fund of which reached 250 000$.
- Bonomo left college for the sake of playing poker.
- In February 2005, "ZeeJustin" became the youngest participant who got to the television final table at the EPT French Open. He was only 19 years old.
- In 2006, he was banned on PartyPoker because of using 6 accounts from one computer simultaneously. "ZeeJustin"’s accounts were blocked and later he was banned by other poker rooms. Bonomo has received a lot of criticism from the online poker community around the world.
- In 2007, Justin donated 13 250$ to the SENS research project.
- In 2008, Justin signed a contract with Bodog and immediately became the most popular site professional.
- The player actively supports the charity organization REG that has been established by his friends-poker players.
- In 2016, Bonomo played in the GPL for "London Royals" team under Liv Boeree’s leadership.
- In heads-up of The Big One for One Drop at the WSOP 2018, Justin Bonomo and Fedor Holz made a deal and split a winning, therefore his real prize money in this event is not 10 000 000$, but around 8 000 000$. He mentioned this information himself on his Twitter page, reporting to his backers.
- In accordance with highstakesdb, the "ZeeJustin"’s graph at high limits looks as following:
"ZeeJustin" on Full Tilt:
"ZeeJustin" on PokerStars:
Justin Bonomo on the social networks:
- Justin Bonomo on Twitter (@justinbonomo)
- Justin Bonomo’s page on Instagram (zeejustin)