Hand2Note: Software Review
There are quite a few programs for collecting poker statistics, and each is good in its own way. Today, we will discuss Hand2Note (hereinafter referred to as H2N), which you can legally use in most poker rooms, including PokerStars, 888poker, iPoker, PartyPoker, and more. It boasts a variety of interesting features.
This software is an excellent option for people having computers with weak technical characteristics. The program works with a remote statistics database, eliminating the need for local storage. As a result, it delivers superior performance.
Developed by professional players, it provides ample opportunities for your game, combining convenience, high speed and flexibility of settings.
Create HUDs, pop-ups, and regular/complex stats in a short amount of time – advanced functionality allows for quick and convenient use of all settings.
The program's interface is quite pleasant and user-friendly, in contrast to that of Holdem Manager 3.
Here are the main functions that H2N is designed to implement, along with a set of unique features not found in other similar tools:
- Dynamic HUD (it's allowed in 888, bwin.party and iPoker rooms) – displays statistics on players taking into account positions, bet sizings, stack size, number of players at the table, and more. You can choose which HUD to use: static (classic), positional or dynamic.
- Exclusive statistics that enable distinguishing between playing against regulars and fish (reg vs reg or reg vs fish).
- Minimum PC requirements: 1 GB of RAM; Windows 7 and higher.
- Displaying stats directly versus you (vsHero) is a very useful feature since players don’t play identically with all opponents, they adjust to everyone.
- High speed of work due to innovative data processing technologies and transmission (it works much faster than similar software and is less demanding for hardware). On average, the H2N database takes 250 MB per million hands.
- Viewing hands with showdown when you were absent (for example, when multi-tabling).
- Displaying ranges of preflop calls and raises by participants in the hand.
- Capability to quickly load up to 3000 hands per second.
- Importing databases from Holdem Manager and Poker Tracker 4.
To unleash the full potential of H2N, it is recommended to combine it with StarsHelper or SessionLord (on PokerStars), PartyCaption (in rooms of bwin.party network), 888Caption (in 888 network skins), and so on.
HUDs: Static, Positional, Dynamic
The team behind H2N comprises ambitious poker players actively involved in high-stakes games. As avid users of Heads-Up Display, they have allocated significant importance to this tool within the software. Thanks to the embedded "HUD Designer" and the use of flexible settings, you can create three types of HUDs, which will allow you to display only the necessary statistics that are required for the game at the moment.
It means the classic display of stats, where one HUD is displayed for all players, regardless of your position at the table, opponents' stack sizes and actions and other factors.
This HUD displays the required statistics on the players regarding your current position at the table.
In other words, the program can display some stats on players who have already made their actions in front of you. Also, it can show completely different stats on those whose turn is still ahead.
This type encompasses all the features of positional HUD and offers even more flexible options for displaying poker statistics.
Dynamic HUD can change depending on the player's actions. It displays additional statistics only after appropriate actions: change of stats when using certain bet sizes, displaying of required ranges directly on the poker table in the form of preflop matrix or postflop range diagrams, and other options that make the game more convenient.
Positional and dynamic HUDs are banned on PokerStars. The poker client automatically blocks their functionality in adherence to the room’s policy. All other essential functions, including the classic HUD, will be working correctly.
Popup Editor, Quick Notes and More
The embedded editors allow you to create your own HUDs and change the entire blocks of pop-ups, by developing the combined pop-ups, including the diagrams, notes, filtered lists of hands and multilevel tabs.
For more advanced users, the program offers a special section that allows for creating complex statistics with the use of mathematical formulas.
Segmenting statistics based on "reg vs fish" and "reg vs reg" spots
Regs often face a common problem when playing with other regs. This problem lay in a distortion of statistics due to the fact that everyone plays against recreational players from time to time, but the game strategy against fish differs significantly from approaches against regular users.
Considering this, the software developers have included a feature that allows for the division of hands (and statistics) based on game situations like "regular versus fish" and "regular versus regular".
"Quick note" option
This function is designed to speed up and simplify the process of notes creation on the opponents by means of making the templates.
Moreover, if you have a large number of notes, the program offers to “tie” the notes to corresponding stats or add them to certain groups. For example, you can create groups of notes such as "preflop", "3-bet pots", and "2-bet pots", and then add each note to a specific group.
Analysis of opponents
The process of analyzing the opponents' play outside the tables is facilitated in Hand2Note. For example, you can get information about the opponent's ranges in certain situations by simply hovering over a certain stat.
The creators guarantee a high speed of program operation when working with pop-ups and diagrams. It has a small database size (for example, a database that consists of a million hands takes only 200-300 megabytes). Import speed implies 1500-3000 hands per second.
Range Research & Decision Analysis
Let's talk separately about such tools as Range Research and Decision Analysis, which are available only for "Edge" subscriptions (39$ a month or 359$ a year).
Range Research is a tool for analyzing a range of players on which we do not have enough hands. The mechanism of work is very simple. For instance, when you have a situation where you need to choose between call and 3-bet, you open a tool window and fill in the required fields. The program analyzes the players with similar indicators and displays the averaged statistics.
Decision Analysis is a tool of research the profitability of your actions in different situations, which includes three functions:
- Action Profit – displays what profit you had when collecting different combinations (on big blinds for 100 hands):
- Spot frequency shows the frequency of occurrence of certain game situations.
In the picture above, Spot Frequency shows that the statistical indicator "a continuation bet of opponent with no position on you" is 5.34. At the same time, a situation, when the continuation bet was justified (it was not a bluff), has occurred 6.45 times per 1000 hands.
Cases – the frequency of committing the action.
Opportunities – the possibility to commit the action.
- Next Villain's Actions. With the help of it, you will learn how your opponent will react to your bet.
In the illustration below, an FCR stat (CHECK RAISE) shows a percentage of opponents’ fold to your raise/call percentage / raise percentage. BX is Bet and Check.
Hand 2 Note Price and Free Trial
The program offers several types of subscriptions that can be issued both monthly and yearly. Here are examples of the monthly costs for this software:
- Base – free of charge (unlimited stakes).
- Asia – $29.90 (for players using Asian apps and sites).
- Edge – $19.90 (dynamic HUD, range analysis).
- PRO (Asia + Edge) – $49 (all rooms, full functionality).
Currently, there is no lifetime license for H2N, but you can download it without cost.
How to get H2N for free?
The trial period lasts 30 days and covers the whole functionality except for a Range Research feature (no restrictions on stakes). It activates automatically once you launch the program for the first time. There is a separate testing version designed specifically for Asian rooms, but it is freely available only for the initial 14 days (activation process is identical). This is a great offer for micro-stakes players who are just starting to explore poker software.
Do you want to start right now? Download Hand2Note from the official website and use the program for the first month without cost in order to estimate all its features and advantages in practice.
Main Advantages and Benefits
- Ability to create graphs, sessions and reports for the cash tables and tournaments. Using filters, you are able to create unique reports like “Winrate on the tables without fish”.
- Easy-to-use and quick tools for analyzing the opponents’ game. The program displays interactive pop-ups for each stat, makes preflop and postflop diagrams, compiles a list of hands, etc.
- High-performance rate. The program imports from one and a half to three thousand hands per second from the database. Pop-ups, diagrams and notes open instantly. The hand history doesn’t take much space. A million hands will take no more than 200-300 Mb.
- Productive and accessible editor of HUDs, pop-ups and stats. You can easily create and edit all this, based on the players’ position at the table, board strength, bet size, hole cards and more.
- A qualitative approach to the notes’ recording. You can insert notes into your hand with just a few clicks or by dragging them with a cursor. You can use the templates and write notes on individual stats.
If you want to visually get acquainted with this program, we offer you to watch the following video:
Poker rooms that allow using H2N software
💁♂️ What is Hand2Note?
This is a specialised software designed to display poker statistics on the table, allowing one to create and use positional and dynamic HUDs, popups, visual presentation of preflop and postflop ranges as well as additional stats.
💶 Is Hand2Note free?
There’s a free trial available for the initial 30 days after launch; then, you will have to buy a paid version. If you are looking for a flexible and intuitive interface with full statistics, pay attention to this tool – it is suitable for both novices and savvies.
⚙️ How do I set up Hand2Note?
Setting up the program interface, displaying stats and popups is intuitively simple, so it will not be challenging to do it yourself. You can just use the default HUD settings. Read our Hand2Note setup article to learn how to install and configure the discussed software.