Phil Galfond and Dan Smith will hold charity tournament at RIO Poker
Double up Drive is a charitable foundation created by poker player Dan Smith in 2019. During the year of its work, this foundation has raised more than $16 million for dozens of charitable organizations.
The full amount was granted to the needs of people. It is worth noting that poker community helped Dan Smith to raise funds more than once.
Details of Double Up event
On 19 December at 17:00 UTC, Run It Once will hold a charity tournament “Double up for Charity”. 16 poker players will take part in event, including such professionals as Dan Smith, Phil Galfond, Jason Koon, Patrick Leonard, Stephen Chidwick, and Daniel Dvoress.
Read also: Run It Once Poker launched its built-in HUD
Apart from them, nine more guests will take part in the event. These participants will be selected among those who will donate money on the website of organization:
- Five tickets to event will be given five players who will make the biggest donations.
- Another four tickets will be given players who will donate at least $10 until 15 December. These players will be selected randomly.
How to donate money to Double Up
Anyone can donate money on the website of Double up organization. For this, you should do the following:
- Enter the website and select the donation amount.
- Enter your data.
- Distribute the amount among organizations to choose from.
- Choose payment method.
- After a successful transfer of funds, send a screenshot of page to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are chosen to participate in the tournament, you will receive a reply by e-mail on 16 December. You should answer this letter until 20:00 UTC, so that organizers are sure that you can play.
Double up Drive course of events
Tournament will be streamed live with a slight delay on the official RIO Twitch channel. Event will be held in SNG Select format and the game will be carried out for play chips (not real money). This will allow poker player to play from any country of the world.
The organizers plan to hold three tournament stages:
- Cub3D is an analogue of classic Spins at RIO Poker. All players will be divided into three groups. Three poker players with the most number of chips will move on with each group.
- Sit & Go: three tournaments and three winners that will go to the final.
- Final: Sit & Go for three players. The champion will be determined based on the results of these three finalists.
Despite the fact that given tournament is a charitable one and its main goal is to raise funds, the winner will be awarded a prize. The triumpher will get an access to master class A-Game Poker, Run It Once Training’s Elite for three months and a three-month subscription to Run It Once GTO Trainer.