In 2021, the WSOP is being held in three stages, two of which have already ended – they took place on two top online poker platforms, namely WSOP.com and GGPoker. It is now a matter for the most interesting part: live series in Las Vegas.
From September 30 to November 23, Las Vegas will “accommodate” the 52nd World Series of Poker 2021. The championship will have 88 live tournaments, each featuring a gold bracelet.
This year's WSOP will grant gold bracelets in tournaments with buy-ins ranging from $500 to $250 000. The most expensive will be the $250 000 Super High Roller that kicks off on November 18. The most affordable, in turn, will be The Reunion worth $500.
The Event #88, that is, 8-Handed No-Limit Hold'em tournament, was chosen to close the series. Participation will cost you $5 000, and this will be the last chance to get the gold bracelet.
88 tournaments will be held in the following disciplines:
- 51 Hold'em events (no limit, limit and short deck).
- 13 Mixed Game events (8 games, HORSE, etc.).
- 13 Omaha events (Pot Limit Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo and Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo).
- 6 Stud events (Seven Card Stud, Seven Card Stud Hi/Lo, and Razz).
- 5 Draw Poker events (2-7 single draw, 2-7 triple draw and triple draw mix).
Two Main Events
It was important for organizers that as many poker players as possible take part in the Main Event. For that end, there will be the $1 000 Mini Maine held in addition to the basic $10 000 Maine Event.
- October 1: The Reunion with a $5 000 000 guarantee.
- October 5: $25 000 Heads Up No-Limit Hold'em Championship. To note, the buy-in was increased by 2.5x.
- October 10: $1 000 Flip and Go from GGPoker. For the first time, Flip&Go tournament will be played live.
- October 27-28: $1 000 Seniors. There will be two starting flights for age players.
- November 17: Poker Hall of Fame Bounty. To celebrate the opening of the Poker Hall of Fame in 1979, all active members of the elite club will receive a free seat in the $1 979 tournament, but everyone can join this event. On the same day, a new member of the Hall of Fame will be announced.
- November 19: PLO tournament with a record high buy-in – $50 000.
WSOP 2021 Highlights
- Dates and venue: September 30 to November 23, 2021 at the Rio Casino in Las Vegas.
- Number of events: 88 live tournaments.
- Tournament buy-ins: $500 – $250 000.
- Main Events: $10 000 Main Event and $1 000 Mini Main Event.
- Most expensive tournament: $250 000 Super High Roller NLH.
To look at the full WSOP 2021 Schedule, visit the World Series of Poker official website. Read on the best news about the WSOP 2021 in our dedicated storyline.