PokerStars to host $12.5M GTD Anniversary Sunday Million
In the spring, PokerStars will celebrate the anniversary of the launch of its flagship poker tournament, namely Sunday Million, which has already become a tradition. The jubilee tournament will feature a $12 500 000 guarantee, and in honor of the big day, the poker room will give away $500 000 in tickets.
The Sunday Million 15th Anniversary is scheduled for March 21st, and its participants will meet at online tables at 5:00 pm (UTC). All players will have the opportunity to take advantage of late registration within 24 hours.
Playing the event will cost you $215. Two finalists will receive a minimum of $1 million in prize money. In total, you are allowed to make 5 re-entries.
The Sunday Million 15th Anniversary will run for three days:
- On the first day, there will be 18 levels played, each lasting for 20 minutes.
- On the second day, there will be 32 levels played, each lasting for 15 minutes.
- The third day kicks off on March 23rd at 5:05 pm (UTC).
Satellites to Sunday Million Anniversary
Sure thing, you can join the Sunday Million Anniversary through special satellites that started on February 1st:
- Qualifying tournament for $2.20 (its prize pool features 2 tickets to the $22 qualifier)
- Qualifying tournament for $22 (its prize pool features 5x $215 tickets)
$500 000 in free tickets
In 2021, hundreds of players will take part in the Sunday Million Anniversary for free thanks to PokerStars promotional giveaway. The details of the draw remain unknown, but Stars has promised to reveal the cards on March 8th.
Last year, the guarantee was beaten by $4 million, and the tournament automatically became the largest event of the year at PokerStars. The 14th Anniversary Sunday Million champion qualified for the event for 25 cents and won a crazy $1 192 000 for first place.