PokerTracker 4: Software Review
PokerTracker 4 is an all-powerful software for upgrading your poker skill. PT4 allows you to find and eliminate leaks in your game, as well as get the most out of your opponents’ mistakes.
This is one of those programs that you need to customize "for yourself." On the net and on the forums you will find a lot of tips on setting up a PT4 for beginners for a particular discipline.
If you consider that somebody makes good reads on you during the game, then you can be sure that it is 100% that your opponent uses poker soft and his advantage over you is undeniable.
Poker Tracker 4 Features
In the essence, this poker program is an analogue and the main competitor of Holdem Manager 3. Their all functions are almost identical. There are small differences that are not so important for those who have never used this software.
Among the advantages over HM3, there is a possibility to set additional modules free of charge.
Supported games: cash games, MTT, Sit&GO, Spin&Go, fast poker (ZOOM, BOOST and etc.); No-Limit, Pot-Limit, Fixed-limit; Holdem, Omaha, Omaha Hi-Low.
The Poker Tracker 4 install process is really simple. This program starts working in parallel with your poker room. It imports the previously played hands, as well as ones during your game. The history of played hands is analyzed and the necessary information is displayed at the tables in accordance with the pre-configured HUD.
In addition to your played hands, you can also download the ones in which you didn’t participate (so called mining).
PokerTracker 4 functionalities:
- Collecting, storage and analyses of all played hands;
- Analyses of opponents’ play;
- Statistics output on every player in a real-time mode;
- Calculation of stacks;
- A lot of stats indicators;
- The tables of game results;
- Additional modules with irreplaceable functionalities;
- And many other things.
Let's review in detail some of PT4 functionalities.
- Improved HUD. In online mode, the hands’ review and their marking is available. During the game, the chip account in the big blinds is displayed and you can filter the effective stacks in tournaments, choosing between the statistics of a separate table and the general one. There is also a drag-n-drop functionality that gives an opportunity to create the user's HUD (a set of statistical parameters, transparency, colors, etc.) a lot faster than before. Furthermore, you can create your own pop-ups.
- Statistics. Here are many functions and several hundred indicators. In addition to the given options, the player can create his own formula and even add it to HUD.
- Reports' creation. It is an excellent tool for making informative reports for each game situation. Any document can be configured and saved. By the way, the reports can be displayed both in the form of tables and graphs.
- Filters. The report can be detailed with the help of a filter. For example, it can be sorted by the hands set from the database, by the players’ actions on the river, etc. To optimize the processes, “quick filters” are provided. The function is significantly improved compared to the previous version and filtering is simple and logical.
- Graphs. Poker Tracker 4 has many great and indispensable graphs. It is worth paying attention to Custom Scatter Graphs, which help to filter statistics by viewing the players from different points of view. Among the built-in ones, there are also options for analyzing pot size, hand strength, statistics of losers and winners.
- Luck bell curve. Visualization will help to find out how often the player gets the necessary outs.
Pokertracker 4 Price
We offer you to download the program with a free 14-day trial period. If you like the free version, you can buy the license for further usage.
The licensed version is available in several variants:
- $59.99 – version with limits’ restrictions: NL up to $0.10/ $0.25, FL up to $0.25/ $0.50 and tournaments up to $11. Here you can choose one type of poker game: Texas Holdem or Omaha;
- $99.99 – the version supports both Holdem and Omaha poker. However, the same limit restrictions apply;
- $99.99 – pro version without limits;
- $159.99 – it supports both disciplines without restrictions.
After the purchase, you will get a license code that can be activated on two computers. You can pay for the license through VISA, MasterCard, PayPal, Neteller, Discover and American Express.
Program’s Pros and Cons
- Less load on system when PT4 is running;
- Auxiliary modules are included in a standard package: NoteTracker, LeakTracker, ICM Calculator, ICM Quiz, Table Tracker;
- Compatible with Mac OS;
- Free period of use is 14 days for each discipline;
- Free updates;
- License for two computers;
- It supports almost all poker rooms.
- Slow import of hands. The users who have several hundred thousand hands in their history usually face this problem when playing at 6-8 tables or more. However, this disadvantage can be eliminated by the system upgrade.
In order to better understand the work of this program, we offer you to watch the following Poker Tracker 4 tutorial video:
Poker rooms compatible with PT4
Poker Tracker 4 supports almost all poker sites that allow HUDs.
It is allowed to be used on all PokerStars platforms.
888 client saves hands to your PC, and you can import these Hand Histories with PT4. Once the necessary hands are imported, they will be stored within PostgreSQL. Then, the hands will become available to analyze within your PT4 database.
All rooms that belong to the iPoker network support Poker Tracker 4. To allow PT4 to import the hand histories, you should configure your iPoker client to save hand histories to a special folder on your PC.
If you still have doubts on whether you can use PT4, then check the full list of compatible rooms on the official website or send an email to the support service of the given poker room.
💎Is PokerTracker 4 worth it?
Poker Tracker 4 isn’t very popular among recreational players, but those who play poker on a professional level find this tracking software really worthy. A large number of regulars constantly use this program. Among them are Greg Merson, Nathan Williams.
💸 How can I get PokerTracker 4 for free?
Each player can go to the official website of this software and get a free trial period for using it for 14 days. It is also possible to get a trial version for the Holdem discipline first, and then try the Omaha version for the same period. That is, each player can use PT4 for almost a month absolutely free.
🎯 Which PokerTracker is best?
With each new version, this poker tracker becomes more and more functional, and also adds new features for users. Therefore, we recommend downloading the latest version from the official resource. At the moment, this software is called Poker Tracker 4.
💡 Is PokerTracker 4 allowed on PokerStars?
Yes, the PokerStars site allows its players to use third-party software and poker trackers. So this room belongs to those that are compatible with PokerTracker 4 (both сash games and poker tournaments).